Friday, March 14, 2008

MAJOR UPDATES AT ESOTIKAFILM.COM


Major updates over at the Esotika website:

-Three new reviews (two by me and one by Eric Cotenas)
-My choice of the Top Ten DVD Releases of 2007
-The Library section is now up
-I've started to put up the People section; though the only entry there so far is on Alain Robbe-Grillet (including--I think--the most complete filmography and English-language bibliography on the internet, as well as poster images from ALL of his films except for N. Took the Dice

Also, I have a couple of questions for readers of this blog:

1.
Has anybody had a chance to see Rollin's latest, La Nuit des horloges yet? I know it's played at a couple festivals. If anybody has seen it and would like to write a review of it for the Esotika website, please let me know, as I'd love to have a review of it up there. Same goes for Robbe-Grillet's latest, Gradiva.

2.
Does anybody have a copy of Midi-Minuit Fantastique #13 (November, 1965)? There's a still in it from a "lost" Mario Mercier film that I'd love to include with the Mercier article that will be published soon at the site; if you have a copy and could scan that image for me I would be eternally grateful.

3.
If you have a film blog that talks about films that deal with Esotika themes, please leave a link for me here, as I'm going to update the blog links on the website (and on here) in the next few days.

And finally, an anonymous individual made an RSS feed of this blog for Livejournal. It is available here:
http://syndicated.livejournal.com/esotika/profile
There is also an Atom XML feed available here:
http://esotika.blogspot.com/atom.xml

I will be linking these from the sidebar in the future as well.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

http://www.brrrptzzapthesubject.com/

I sometimes talk about "films that deal with Esotika themes"
or at least I will
the blog is fairly new

12:45 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Richey said...

Nothing to add except that I wish Rollin's new film would appear. I can't figure out what is going on with it as I know it played at that festival last year and early reports seemed to be good. I really dig Ovidie and of course love Rollin and really can't wait to see this picture.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jake Savage said...

http://cinematalk.wordpress.com

I don't often talk about films with Esotika themes, but I do find that our tastes overlap on occasion (Wakamatsu an example), but unfortunately my most recent posts aren't a good indication of this. In any case, I've been following this blog for awhile. Hope we can "link up" or something like that...

3:41 PM  
Blogger Miguel Patrício said...

http://www.youtube.com/Eigagogo

My youtube account with some Japanese Esotika films. Feel free to visit, and to add on your blog links!

Great job, by the way!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Miguel Patrício said...

http://www.youtube.com/

This is my youtube account with Japanese Films (Esotika too).
Feel free to visit them or add on your links.

Good job! Cheers!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Robert Monell said...

A review, which I have reprinted with Fabien's permission, and Tubbytoast has google tanslated, of NUIT DES HORLOGES is now up on my new CINEMADROME FANTASTIQUE FORUM along with images of the film from Fabien's blog. Thanks to Fabien, there are links on the forum to his blog.

www.cinemadrome.blogspot.com

2:51 PM  
Blogger Béatrice said...

Great entry on Robbe-Grillet in your PEOPLE section, only, you've left off his most recent novel (the last before he passed away), "Un Roman Sentimental", published by Fayard in 2007 (perhaps because it's not been translated yet?).

You wnated comments on his last film "C'est Gradiva qui vous appelle"? Contrary to most audiences here in Paris, I loved it. It's the only time he allowed his natural sentimentality to creep into a film. I think he revealed more of himself in Gradiva than in any other of his fictional works.

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home